Thursday, December 3, 2009

Amish Oatmeal

I made this the other day and it is SOOO good. I thought I would share it. It turns out kind of like a cake and is sweet. I'm sure it isn't any good for you because it tastes so good. ;) I only made a half batch and put it in a 8x8 pan, just to check it out.

Amish Oatmeal:
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
warm milk
fresh fruit (optional)
brown sugar (optional)
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)

Combine first 8 ingredients and mix well (also add cinnamon if you want). Spread evenly in a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Immediately spoon into bowls and add warm milk. Top with fresh fruit and/or brown sugar if desired.

I added the cinnamon in my bowl afterward and it was yummy, but I think it would be better added in at first. You can decide.

YUMMY!!

No comments: