Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Science Project

Courtney's teacher invited her students (the ones who wanted to participate) to do a science experiment about a plant. They are studying plants right now in their class and this is another way to incorporate that into their learning. Courtney decided she wanted to grow a plant. So I found some old seeds from a few years ago, some dirt from the shed and got a terra cotta pot that she had decorated at her birthday party last year. And we planted flower seeds (4 O'Clock flowers).

We watered them, put them in sunlight and waited. They GREW! I was so excited because the seeds were forever old and the dirt was...well, dirt. I wasn't sure if anything would work and I was afraid that Courtney was drowning the poor seeds. But it worked.

She was first up today at the presentations for her class and was a bit nervous. She didn't want to go up alone so I stood by her while she told how we had planted the seeds, watered them and how they were now growing. It was fun to watch.


No comments: