I called the dentist and they were able to fit me in. I took the kids and ran to the dentist's office. My parents came and picked them up so they wouldn't have to sit there until I was finished. The dentist told me that my porcelain crown had spider cracks all through it. He said he could fill it in and make it look good but because the other piece broke off so easily, he thought it would only be a matter of time before more pieces began breaking off. So I decided to have the crown removed and a new one put on.
Luckily that tooth had a root canal on it when the crown was put on or I would have been in serious pain! It took the dentist 45 minutes to get the crown off my tooth and it came off in little slivers of porcelain. It wasn't fun! I think I swallowed most of the crown. But I now have a temporary on my tooth and I have an appointment to have the new crown put on in 2 weeks. No fun!
And...the kicker...we had just been to the dentist the day before! Oh well. I'm just glad I don't have the dentist my mom had when she was a kid. He would give the Novocain shot, go to the bar for a drink, come back in 30 minutes (a bit tipsy) to see if you were numb, and then went to work. Yes, I appreciate my dentist!
No comments:
Post a Comment