Thursday, July 7, 2011

Swimming Lessons for Me!!

I never learned how to hold my breath underwater without holding my nose. I took swimming lessons as a kid but I always held my nose. The teacher told me that I wouldn't pass unless I could figure it out so I quit lessons. Bryan has tried to teach me but it just didn't work for long. I was just really scared.

Last year I asked the kid's swimming teacher if she would hold an adult lesson. She told me she would if I could get at least 3 students to take it. I had 5 people ready to take it but one-by-one they dropped out and she didn't offer the class. This year I tried and tried to get people, the teacher even offered it in her schedule, but no one signed up but me...until my parents decided to take it with me! They were life savers.

We started with bobs, holding our breath (which I finally, kind of, figured out), floating and then we moved on to strokes. I even learned to dive. We did so well that she only gave us 4 lessons (instead of 8) and refunded our money.

On the last day of lessons we got to show off and it was fun. My mom got smooth with her front crawl.

Diving (I didn't realize that I pull to one side):

After I dove in:

My parents and I (I'm the splash between them by the slide):

Me and Mom:

No comments: