Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ethan's Reward

Ethan's teacher has a rewards program for learning times tables and division. She uses a program called Rocket Math. Each day they spend 2 minutes practicing times tables then she gives them 1 minute to do a test. They have a goal and, if they make their goal, they move on to the next level. The levels are lettered A through W. If a student doesn't get their goal, they repeat that test the next day.

Last week Ethan passed his times tables off and he was given a HUGE candy bar as a reward. He was given his reward at school and this is all that was left of it when I saw it after school. Although he didn't eat it alone. Courtney needed help on her homework and I was teaching piano so Ethan helped Courtney. I heard him tell her that if she got a problem on her homework correct then he would give her a piece of candy. I don't think she has ever worked that hard on her homework before. ;)

Now he is working on division and hoping to get another candy bar! Great job Ethan!!

No comments: