Christmas Eve afternoon was so long for the kids! They were bored and had nothing to do. They were also pretty anxious for Christmas.
Bryan tried to help Ethan out by playing a domination game of Risk. As you can tell, Bryan was beating him when Ethan finally decided it wasn't worth it and quit the game. I think Ethan was doing fine but the game was going on and on and on and on....
Our Christmas Eve dinner tradition is to order Pizza Hut and sit under the Christmas tree to eat it. While Bryan and I went to get the pizza, Courtney got the blanket all ready. The kids love that we get pizza but Pizza Hut isn't their favorite pizza.
They convinced us that we needed to get ready to do our other traditions...i.e. they wanted to open their Christmas pjs. We held them off for a while and then decided we would do it.
Ethan got Denver Bronco pjs.
And Courtney got owl pjs.
The traditional pj picture on Christmas Eve.
It was then time to read the Christmas stories.
Ethan read "Davey and the First Christmas"
Bryan read the "Christmas Sweater"
Courtney read "The Queen of Christmas"
And I read the account of the Savior's birth from the Bible.
The kids then decorated some sugar cookies for Santa and put the cookies, with some carrots for Rudolph, on a plate for Santa. Then they went to bed....and couldn't sleep for a long time.
Here are a couple of the decorations on our tree that I like.
No comments:
Post a Comment