Friday, May 17, 2019

County Attorney's Office

At the end of February, I began working part-time at the County Attorney's Office.  I was hired to be a backup receptionist and to help run criminal histories and anything else they needed.  The people who work there are really nice.  I didn't have any background in criminal law (except my internship at the Public Defender's Office years ago) so it was pretty new stuff for me.  But I had general knowledge so it wasn't too steep of a learning curve.  I learned a few computer programs they use to keep their cases straight and to run criminal histories.  It was interesting but when I was hired I let them know that there was another full-time job I was waiting to open and, if I was offered that job, I would be leaving.  They said they would take me as long as they could get me.

In May the job I was waiting for opened, I interviewed and was offered the job, and I will be the Registrar/Secretary at Snow Canyon Middle School next year.  I gave my notice at the County Attorney's Office.  I had worked there for almost 3 months.

Everyone was really understanding about why I was leaving and they were very nice. 


No comments: