I had someone ask me what I do all day so I thought I would tell everyone.
The simple answer is that my job title is Snow Canyon Middle School Registrar. But I have a lot of jobs.
Registrar: I am in charge of all student records. When new students come, I get them into the system or, if they have been at another school in our District, I get them transferred into our computer system. I store grades, get transcripts ready, and am the gatekeeper for the records of the school. I am responsible for the health records for the school. I am responsible to input the immunization records or exemption certificates for the students and enforce the immunization policy. I transfer records for outgoing students and request records for incoming students.
Counseling Office Secretary: I am responsible to keep the flow of things going through the office, make appointments for the counselors, and finding the counselors when someone comes in and needs to see them immediately. I answer the phones and get the calls to the counselors or answer the questions. The District has also asked all the secretaries to clean up the computer system database that we use, so a lot of my time is spent talking to parents trying to get their computer logins to work. It's actually a lot like doing genealogy work because I have to merge people in the system until they are only one person. The system is a mess right now.
Test Proctor: I am responsible for testing at the school (AP, P-ACT, and end-of-year). We have a Spanish AP class that I am responsible for the testing for. Our 9th graders take the pre-ACT test in the Spring, so I am responsible for that test. And the 8th graders take end-of-year tests in Spring and that's my responsibility also. I don't know what it entails except that I have been going to a lot of AP trainings. They said I won't get busy with testing until November.
Nurse Secretary: This is the part of my job I don't like. I am responsible for medication administration for students (which isn't a big deal) but I am the point person if there is an accident or an ambulance needs to be called. I compiled and enter the accident reports if anything happens to students or staff. I have bandaids, Tylenol, and other first-aid things in the sick room that is behind my office. I have been trained to use an epi-pen (which terrifies me) and other things. Our "Cone Site" has a school nurse that we share with 6 other schools so she is super busy. We don't see her unless we call her and ask her to come over, which I do quite a bit. When I have a question, I just text her because I am not a nurse. I am also the one to call home when someone passes out during the mile run in PE, which happens A LOT!
But it is a good job and something I am good at. I can organize and I have been keeping instructions on all the tasks so we have them if anyone needs to fill in. That's something that hasn't been done before. And I get my summers off!!
No comments:
Post a Comment