Tuesday, October 29, 2019

End of Season Banquet

We had the End of Season Banquet and it was so fun!  I was in charge of the senior blankets.  Since we are a new team, and we only had 1 senior last year, we had to figure out what kind of traditions we wanted to start.  The other sports always give their athletes "Senior Blankets" and that was something I wanted to give to Ethan.  The other senior moms were happy to do it and I was able to find a really good deal on plush blankets at Costco.  The wife of one of the teachers at the school does embroidery.  So I contacted her and she was able to get the blankets done for us in time.  They turned out really good!





The dinner was nice.  They had a slideshow of all the kids and one of the moms made a bunch of "yearbooks" and each rider got one.  It was really cool.  In years past, the kids had been given frames with team pictures and their race plates in them.  This year they found that it was cheaper to do the yearbooks instead of the frames. 

They did senior spotlights and the coaches were able to say something about the kids.  I put the video of Ethan's coach after these pictures.  At the end, they did a final Warrior cheer for the season.  I was really emotional because it is the end of mountain biking for us and it was such a great experience.  I was so glad Ethan did it and was involved for all 4 years of high school.  It's been so fun to watch him and I love going to the races.

    





No comments: