LDS Charities, along with Project Protect, asked for people to sign up and get kits to make masks to be used in hospitals by medical personnel. This opportunity was given to people in the Salt Lake Valley, but then they opened it up in our area.
I signed up because I didn't think it would be hard to make masks. I had made a bunch of masks for a woman in our ward to give to her daughter-in-law, who is a nurse, and also a family friend who is a nurse, so I didn't think it would be too bad to make these ones.
Ethan picked up the kit for me and then we all got to work making them. We had an assembly line going and everyone helped, at least a little.
We picked up the kits on Tuesday and the finished product had to be returned Saturday morning. It ended up being a lot more time consuming than I thought it would be. It wasn't hard work but it was tedious. The masks were all cut out with notches that showed where to fold it. It was absolutely genius the way they had them all figured out. We just had to sew, cut strings, fold, sew, cut strings, sew, cut strings, and we were done.
Each kit was 100 masks and it took us about 16 hours total to complete the kit. But it was so nice to know that I had a skill that was helping someone.
No comments:
Post a Comment