Monday, November 23, 2020

Walking Home and a Lesson

On the way home from work Courtney and I stopped at Harmons for some groceries.  She was driving.  We got out of the car, she reminded me to lock my door (since they aren't automatic locks), and then we went to leave the car to go in the store.  Suddenly, Courtney froze with a panicked look on her face.  She quickly turned back to the car and said "I think I locked the keys in the car."  Her face was hilarious and I burst out laughing.  I couldn't help it.  We looked and, yup, the keys were on the driver's seat and all the doors were locked. 

I laughed and said, "Well, let's walk home and bring back the spare set."  So we took off for our adventure walking home  It's not far at all so it wasn't bad but it was fun to walk with her and brainstorm about how to get the car home.  We finally decided that I would walk back to get the car while Courtney studied for her test.

We got home, I grabbed the keys, and then walked back to Harmons.  What an adventure.

I used the experience as my #givethanks the next day.



When I got to Harmons and got the keys, I sent this picture to Courtney:

She always checks her pockets and makes sure the driver has the keys before shutting the car doors now.

No comments: