It's club soccer time! Courtney had some exhibition soccer games for her club team against teams that came from northern Utah. They couldn't have picked a colder time to come to St. George to play soccer. It was absolutely freezing!
The first game was at the Sullivan Soccer Complex in Washington. This is a great complex with a bunch of soccer fields but it's also by a river and in a valley where the wind blows all the time. It was freezing cold! I took a sleeping bag, crawled in it, and sat on my chair while I was inside my sleeping bag. I was toasty warm until the game ended and I had to get out of the sleeping bag to walk to the van.
Our girls all had their long-sleeved warm shirts under their jerseys to try and stay warm. Courtney claims that she doesn't get cold when she is running around, but I don't know if I truly believe her. They played hard but ended up losing. The team was really good.
The last game was held at Dixie High School on their soccer field. The weather wasn't too bad for that game, which I was grateful for. It's crazy how cold St. George can get, but it is the desert.
Here are some pics of Courtney from the last game:
No comments:
Post a Comment