Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ethan's First Day of 1st Grade

Our little guy is a big kid now!! I can't believe it, but here he is in 1st grade. He rides the bus to Santa Clara Elementary and last year there was one bus stop for all the neighborhood and it was at our Stake Center (about 4 blocks away). Last week I called to find out what time the bus would be at the bus stop and was told that there were going to be two bus stops. The first is at the Stake Center and the second one is going to be at our house. Ethan was pretty excited.

After Ethan's first day of school breakfast (eggs and sausage) he got all ready and we went outside to wait for the bus. He put his backpack on the sidewalk to be first in line and we sat on the porch waiting for other kids to show up....but no one did. Apparently, word didn't get out that there was a second bus stop so everyone, except for Ethan, went to the Stake Center. When the bus arrived at our house, Ethan was the only one to get on. He thought that was pretty cool.

I drove behind the bus to Ethan's school to make sure he knew where his class was. He did a great job finding it and had no problems. Courtney and I waited around until his teacher called them in and then we went home.

At 3:40, Courtney and I went into the front yard to wait for the bus. It finally came at 3:48. Ethan jumped off the bus, ran inside and got a drink (it's 102 degrees outside). Then he proceeded to tell me that his teacher is "super nice" and that he had "so much fun!!" So today was a success! I'm so glad.

Here are some photos:

No comments: