Saturday, August 23, 2008

Picture Time

I get the kid's pictures taken at Kiddie Kandids on their birthday (until they go to school, then we just get the school pictures) because you get a free 8x10 and I figure it's fun for them. Courtney just LOVES having her picture taken. She got up ready to go the studio. Unfortunately, we still had 3 1/2 hours before her appointment. She took a bath, got her hair done (I'm not sure I like the bangs) and then we left for the studio. I got her to take a detour to a park to let me take some pictures with my camera, just to kill some time.

Once at the studio, they gave us a book to look through to decide on backgrounds. Courtney took charge right away and began picking which backdrops she wanted. She wanted to change clothes, so we had brought a nice dress and a levi dress for more casual pictures. It took a while for them to get us in eventhough we had an appointment. Once we got started Courtney had a lot of fun. She had seen some poses and wanted to do them and she wasn't afraid to tell us what she wanted.

When we were finished with the formal dress, we changed her and took a couple of pictures before the electricity went out. We had to wait for about 10 minutes for it to come back on and then they had to take another 10 minutes to call their help desk to get our pictures back. We finally finished up our sitting and picked which ones we liked. I always get the 1 free 8x10 and then have them email me the link and we buy the rest on-line so Bryan can help me pick.

All in all, it was a good experience and Courtney had a lot of fun having her picture taken. I tried to copy the photos from their website to do a slide show and it worked, but the photos are kind of grainy, so you'll have to forgive me on that one. But I think you can tell what she looks like and how cute our little 3 year old is!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Darling pictures!! I haven't checked your blog in a while...I swear she's gotten older looking since I looked a couple weeks ago!!