Grandma and Grandpa Pack came for Labor Day along with Mike and Lisa. Saturday morning we went boating on Sand Hollow Reservoir. Bryan, Grandpa, Mike and Ethan left to launch the boat at about 6:30 in the morning. Then when we girls got up at a normal hour, we got ready and went out to the lake and met up with them.
Things we discovered at the lake:
1. Ethan ISN'T a speed kind of kid. He was ready to get off the boat the minute we started going fast (but this was only when I was around because he had been fine all morning before I got there). Grandpa took Ethan on a slow boat ride and he just loved it, so there is hope.
2. Courtney IS a speed kind of kid. She loves to have her hair flying and go fast. She even got on the intertube with Bryan, but the tube was weird and when they started going faster, it almost dumped them forward.
3. Waterskiing is hard but it's lots of fun to try. I had never been before and decided that I wanted to try it. I tried about 6 times before my arms were dead and Courtney was nervous enough to make me stop. She keeps telling people that "my mommy just kept falling and falling and falling." I was starting to get the hang of it and I just have to figure out how to finish popping up.
4. After about 6 hours on the reservoir, we start to get grumpy and want to go home.
But it was so much fun and a great day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment