I am trying to get a business license from Ivins City so I can make wedding cakes in my home. Side note: If you think you would like get your own business license, beware!! There is a lot of hassle involved. Now back to the story. I had to have a fire inspection of my house before the process can move on. I scheduled it for today during Courtney's nap. She was really late napping so when I was putting her down we hear a really loud truck drive up. We looked out the window and there was a big ambulance in front of our house. Great! So Courtney wouldn't go down after that because she was nervous that there were fire fighters here and she thinks they START fires not PUT OUT fires.
During the inspection one of the fire fighters had to check a fire detector to see if it was working. It worked! Courtney had her ears plugged and the fire fighter thought it would be a good time to teach Courtney fire safety. He explained to her that if she hears that noise, she needs to immediately run from the house so she will be safe. He said that the alarm means there is a dangerous fire in the house. Courtney looked at me, screamed "I want to get out now!!" and went running for the door. It took a long time to calm her down and the fire fighter felt so bad.
Anyway, the inspection went well and now I just have to wait for the City to call me and have me appear before the City Council. It shouldn't be too bad because the City Attorney is our neighbor, the Zoning guy is in our ward and the Mayer is Bryan's boss. But you never know.
No comments:
Post a Comment