Monday, December 28, 2009

Baby Alive

Yeah, so Santa brought Courtney a Baby Alive. Courtney's best friend, Hayley, has a Baby Alive and so does another girl in the neighborhood. So Courtney has been wanting one for a long time. Mrs. Santa found a great deal on one online and thought of Courtney's desire but didn't really investigate the Baby Alive too well. She understood that it peed, but figured that Courtney has another doll that pees and it lost its fun after a while and hasn't peed in a year. So she thought things would be well.

When Courtney opened Baby Alive she found some powder along with a baby bottle and an extra diaper. She gave her mom (me) the powder and wanted to make her baby some juice. I decided to read the packaging and realized that the powder is what makes the baby poop. Yes, the Baby Alive not only pees, but it poops. As Bryan said, "Yes, we want to re-live some of the best memories we have of having babies....not!"

Courtney wouldn't give it up until we had made the baby poop. So I mixed up the juice, took off the baby's clothes (she only came with one extra diaper and they aren't washable), put her on the toilet (I have my limits) and let Courtney feed her. The baby makes very realistic eating noises, sucked the bottle dry and yellow stuff started coming out. It wasn't really pee, but it wasn't really water either. Anyway, Courtney was pretty grossed out and I wasn't too thrilled with it either. So we fed her a bottle of water to clean the system out and we decided that we didn't need to ever do that again. Baby Alive can pretend to eat a bottle and be just fine.

But seriously, who thought up a pooping doll?!?!?!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Thanks for the warning. Hailey is over playing with wanting dolls but wow... if she ever wants to change a diaper send her to my house.

Riss said...

I am laughing out loud! Thanks for the warning. I can't get the image of the baby on the toilet out of my head!