She is having a rough time not being able to suck her thumb. She hasn't sucked it in 2 weeks and it's been horrible! The poor girl can't calm herself down and has trouble napping. Tonight she has decided that she doesn't like any of her pjs and wants us to figure out something. I told her that she could just wear what she has in her room but she insists that they are all dirty (she dressed her dolls in all her pjs today and that seems to make them dirty). Bryan finally went in to try and help her but she told him to get out and that she will just "sleep naked" if he doesn't get her the pjs she wants. Then I heard her yell "It's not funny. Just stop laughing... No it is NOT funny!" I had to laugh.
My questions are: #1) How long does it take a screaming 4 year old to lose her voice; #2) When will she figure out that it really IS funny?; and #3) How do we help her to self-sooth so she calms down?
Bryan keeps saying: "This too shall pass" but I'm not so sure. Maybe this is what my parents meant when they said I was stuck in the terrible twos for 16 years. Hummm...
1 comment:
Your mom always says she hopes you get a child just like you. I got Abbie. Good luck with Courtney. We just took Abbie's binky away 2 months ago and she still sneaks into Khylie's room and sucks on hers if I forget to put it in the closet. I just hope she won't still be doing that in high school.
Post a Comment