I knew it would happen sooner or later. I went into Courtney's class to help during stations and when she saw me her eyes filled with HUGE tears. She toughed it through her first station but when her group rotated to my station she just lost it. Poor girl was so upset and didn't want me to leave. (I can completely relate because that's how I was with my mom.) I got her through my station and she toughed it through the last station, but she was having a rough time holding in the tears.
After stations it's treats/snacks and recess. She asked me if I would stay for part of recess and I told her I would. She was fine as long as I was out there, but when she ran over to me so I could give her a hug goodbye she lost it again. Luckily, our neighbor was there (she works at the school as an aide) helping in the class too. Courtney asked if Lori could hold her when I left. It only took about 30 seconds of Lori holding her before Courtney got down and started playing without a problem.
She said she was just a bit sad and that next week will be fine. I was waiting for the breakdown but, I have to say, she handled it so much better than I did when I was her age! She'll tough it through. I love the little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment