Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Dumb Thing is OFF!!!

We took off my splint this morning and it was such an exciting experience!!! It was really itchy yesterday and I was going nuts. I didn't sleep very well last night because it has been aching too. So this morning, bright and early, Bryan became my nurse and unwrapped my miles of gauze and bandages.

The part of my foot that was below my splint (near my toes) was pretty swollen but my foot wasn't too bad. It's all right because I need to lotion, but the itching has gotten a lot better. The incision looks a lot different than I thought it would...it's a lot bigger than I anticipated, but it doesn't look too bad. I was a bit light headed and nauseous after we got everything taken off but I feel fine now. You can still see the doctor's signature on my right leg and the "YES" they had me write on the foot they were operating on.

I still can't put any weight on my foot but it's so nice not to have a huge, heavy splint on my leg/foot anymore!!

WARNING: The bottom picture is kind of gross.

Just starting:

First layer off:

The foot wrap:

The wrap over the incision:

The incision (GROSS!):

1 comment:

Shelley Pack said...

OOOOh - that IS gross. It looks like it should hurt!