We cancelled our newspaper a while ago because they hiked up the price and we didn't want to pay it. Let's be honest here, it's a small town newspaper that doesn't have a lot in it. So I felt that we were paying a lot for nothing. I really didn't think we would miss it much but found out that we really did miss it.
Every week or so, we get a phone call asking us to "come back" to the newspaper. Each time they sweeten the deal a little bit more but not enough to make us want to subscribe again. A couple of weeks ago, we got a subscription plea in the mail giving us a really good price but it was only for 6 months. We talked about it and decided we would do it, but I kept forgetting to find the form and fill it out.
Yesterday, while I was teaching piano, the phone rings and it was the newspaper again. This time they offered us 7-days-a-week home delivery newspaper for $11.06 per month FOR LIFE, as long as we don't ever cancel. I couldn't pass that one up so we are now paper subscribers again!! Ethan can't wait for the comics.
It pays to be a hold out!!
No comments:
Post a Comment