Monday, December 26, 2011

Sick Courtney

The last day of school before Christmas break and Courtney woke up barking like a seal. She usually will get croup once per year and this was her time. I emailed her teacher and the school to let them know and then I had her lay down on the couch while I helped Ethan through his morning routine. While he was practicing the piano I turned and saw this on the couch:
She claims that she wasn't asleep but I know better. The poor girl. I dropped by her class at school to clean out her cubbie and give her teacher a present. I took her to the doctor to get the steroid she takes for 2 days to get rid of the seal bark. Then I ran a few errands. It was kind of a bummer that she was sick because I had a lot I needed to get done on my last "kid-less" day before Christmas. But I got it all finished okay.

That afternoon Courtney felt much better and wanted me to drop her off at school. Poor girl didn't do well when I explained that she had to stay home because she was still sick even if she felt like she wasn't.

By Friday she was fine and driving Ethan nuts again!

No comments: