Sunday, August 19, 2012

Ethan's Lawn Care Service

In the beginning of July, Ethan decided he wanted to get an iPod Touch.  We weren't about to buy one for him so he brainstormed to figure out how he could make some money.  His bright idea was to ask Grandpa Oman if he had any work for him to do.  Now, these are not the paying parents that I had growing up.  Our lawn was HUGE and I had to mow it just because I was a part of the family.  Their lawn now is A LOT smaller and Ethan gets paid big bucks to mow it!

Anyway, so for a few weeks, I drove Ethan over to my parents house so he could mow the lawn, pull weeds, cut down trees, etc.  They worked him hard and in about 3 1/2 weeks he had earned enough for an older generation iPod Touch off of eBay.  But my dad still calls each week asking if his "lawn care servicer" could come and mow his lawn.  Ethan is in heaven!

He told us that he would actually mow our lawn for free if we would just get a self-propelled lawn mower like Grandpa because "this pushing thing is just too hard."  hahaha!


No comments: