Friday, December 20, 2013

Ward Christmas Party

I didn't take any pictures because I was busy but I should have!  Our Ward Christmas party was on Friday the 13th so I thought we should have had some fun with it but I was over ruled.  The theme was "The Polar Express" and it turned out really well.  The Bishopric handed out tickets at the door to everyone and then punched them while the Executive Secretary acted the part of the conductor.  He really got into it and had a full costume and everything.

The Cultural Hall was decorated like a train.  When we started the party, the conductor read a shorter version of the Polar Express book and then we had a prayer and ate dinner.  We had soups in bread bowls and salad.  Everyone loved it.  There were kids activities in the overflow where they made bells, wrote letters to Santa and colored pages.  There was even a station to write letters to our missionaries.

When everyone had eaten their fill, the Primary began a hot chocolate station where you could "build your own hot cocoa."  The Relief Society sisters brought cookies.

Then we had a closing prayer and everyone cleaned up.  It was great but I am REALLY glad it's over now.

No comments: