Friday, February 14, 2014

Eye Doctor

Courtney had her yearly eye exam this morning.  It was a bit crazy because Ethan's play began late and so Courtney and I had to sneak out right before it finished so we could drive across town to get the eye doctor on time.  I don't know why I bothered.  We were 5 minutes late and had to wait for an hour before they called us back.  But the doctor examined Courtney's eyes and said that her crossing is getting better so her muscles are starting to get stronger.  She still has bifocals but will probably be able to get rid of those when she is about 10 years old.  She was pretty happy about that.  And he said that she may be able to get out of her glasses altogether when she is about 14.  I am not betting on this but she was pretty excited.

The doctor stressed to her that she has to wear her glasses all the time so one eye isn't more dominant than the other.  She was a bit freaked out by his serious talk with her so I hope she will be more diligent.

Bryan got a lot of the blame for any time she doesn't wear her glasses.  She told the doctor: "On Sundays my mom has meetings and my dad never reminds me to wear my glasses to Church so I forget." and "We went on a 2 week vacation and my dad didn't remind me to get my glasses so I didn't wear them while we were gone."  I had to laugh.  Apparently it's Bryan's job to make sure Courtney remembers to wear her glasses.  I was very happy that for once, I wasn't the one to blame! hahaha!

No comments: