Thursday, February 6, 2014

Lava Ridge Choir Concert

It's the end of the trimester so Ethan's choir teacher had a concert for the parents.  It was during school time so she did one in the morning and then did it again in the afternoon.  So Ethan got to skip Math class, but apparently they didn't excuse him because both Bryan and I got text messages saying that Ethan had an unexcused absence.  The school even called our home phone and my cell phone to make sure I knew.

Bryan, my parents and I went to the concert in the morning but my phone was being dumb and wouldn't video tape very much.  So I grabbed out old video camera and went back in the afternoon to tape it.

We were a bit concerned when all the kids got in their places because Ethan looks SO SHORT!  He seems really tall amongst the kids in our neighborhood but then to see him with all his peers, he was really short.  Then we realized that the first 2 rows were the 6th graders and the last 2 rows were the 7th graders.  So he was surrounded by 7th graders.  So he is still pretty tall amongst the 6th graders.  That made me feel better.

The concert was a medley of songs through the ages.  It was originally written for high school level singers and has 32 songs in it.  So it was about 30 minutes long!  But they did a great job in just the few short months they had to learn it all.  The teacher had a slide show going in the back that had photos of the kids in it.  It was fun to see Ethan goofing off with his friends.

Here are the videos of the concert.  Sorry if they are a bit grainy.  I have marked the videos that have Ethan's favorite songs in them.  For some reason, these kids really liked singing BonJovi songs!

Intro to "Rockin' America":
Rock Around the Clock, Hound Dog, Tutti Fruitti (which made them laugh) and Puppy Love:
Land of a Thousand Dances:
Revolution, Magic Carpet Ride, Good Vibrations, I feel the Earth Move, I am Woman (really hilarious to watch the boys sing this one, it starts at 3:05), Your Mama Don't Dance:
Dust in the Wind:
Higher Love, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Good Lovin':
Uptown Girl, Since U Been Gone:
Every Breath You Take (which Ethan calls the "Stalker Song"), You Give Love a Bad Name (this was their favorite song and you can tell by the way they sing it):
I love Rock 'n' Roll, We Will Rock You, Everything I Do I Do it For You:
Smart Me Up, Smells Like Teen Spirit (yes, my son sang a Nirvana song):
It's My Life, Drift Away:
We Got the Bear, All I Wanna Do:
Twist and Shout, Joy to the World:
Hey Ya!, Rock and Roll All Night (this video is from my phone because the camera ran out of memory):

I hope you enjoyed the concert!!



No comments: