We left right after school Friday night. We drove to Provo and Ethan and I did baptisms in the Provo Temple while Bryan and Courtney went to a BYU volleyball game. Ethan and I have been really spoiled by the St. George Temple. We go twice a month on Tuesdays at 4:35 p.m. Usually we are the only ones there, or close to it, so we are in and out in 20-30 minutes! When we went into the Provo Temple I asked how long it would be. The man told me that they "aren't busy at all...it will only take about 1 1/2 hours." I about died. We ended up just doing baptisms because it would have been another hour for us to do confirmations also. But it was a good experience to be in the temple.
We stayed the night at the Orem location of Hotel Pack (Andrew and Jessica's). It was really late when we got there but it was fun to talk to them and see how things are going for them.
Saturday morning we woke up, ate breakfast and then took off for the Provo City Center Temple. I knew it was going to be the crowded but I had no idea how crowded it was going to be. We had tickets for 10:15 but we didn't get into the temple until around 11:30-ish. It was like Disneyland on crack. CRAZY!
Here we are waiting....

It was a very beautiful temple. I couldn't figure out where I was most of the time, but Bryan knew exactly which direction we were headed. He is crazy that way!
Courtney absolutely HATES the booties they have you wear when at an open house. It is the biggest point of contention because they itch, feel weird, etc. Poor girl. She did a great job this time with them though.
When we finished up at the temple, we went to David and Jenny's house to say hello. We didn't have a lot of time but we got to see them. It took a lot longer at the temple than we had anticipated so we didn't get time to go to the BYU bookstore, which made Ethan REALLY sad.
Courtney had a dance performance at Dixie State at 4:30 so, while Bryan drove, Courtney changed her clothes in the back of the van and then I did her hair/makeup. You can imagine how much fun Bryan had while I was doing her makeup. He would "accidentally" swerve right when I was trying to put her mascara on. It was actually hilarious!
Our selfie in the back of the van.
Courtney danced at the girls basketball game and then that night at the boys basketball game, so it was a long day! But we are so glad we went to the open house.
No comments:
Post a Comment