We had the announcement put in the papers in Carbon and Emery County and also in the Washington County newspaper. I think it turned out really well.
I made them a memory book using their old wedding album. I asked family to send me their well wishes and then I put them in the back of the book. I had it printed so I could give it to them.
Since everything was crazy on Saturday (the General Women Session), we decided we would do a dinner for them on Sunday after Church. They wanted a Thanksgiving-type dinner (turkey, stuffing, rolls, etc.) so we had one.
I made them a wedding-type cake. I hadn't done swoops in a long time so they aren't as even as I would have liked them, but it turned out okay. The top was spice cake (like their original wedding cake) and the bottom was chocolate (because that's what everyone likes).
Happy Anniversary to my amazing parents!



No comments:
Post a Comment