Last July a family in our ward was putting in a pool and they had a backyard full of irises. The landscaper told them he didn't want to dig them up and asked them to find people to come and take them for their yards. I guess the bulbs are pricey for this type of iris and he didn't want them to go to waste. The family had recently bought the house so they weren't attached to them.
The wife called me and I went running over. I got about 20 or more of the iris bulbs and put them in our front yard. I thought I had killed them because we transplanted them in July...which Google tells you not to do, and we all know that Google knows EVERYTHING!
But I was so happy when I saw this in the front yard this week...
And there are a bunch more that are getting ready to bloom. They are so pretty!
No comments:
Post a Comment