We got it up and I staked down the rain fly so I could scrub the sticky tree sap off. I cleaned the tent and the rain fly and left them in the sun to dry.
The day got really hot so I didn't take them down because I figured I could when it got cooler that evening.
I took the kids to swim team and on my way back the wind started to blow. As I got closer to our house the wind got stronger and stronger. I was really afraid the tents would have blown away. When I turned the corner and drove behind our house I couldn't see the tents.
I parked and ran outside. Bryan's backpacking tent was stuck in a tree so I grabbed it. But I couldn't see the big tent. I looked at the field across the street but it wasn't there. Then I walked to the side of our house and it was jammed between the a/c unit and our shed. I had to wrestle it to get the poles out and it began to rain. I finally got it down and pulled it in the house.
There was one small rip near a zipper but it was fine otherwise.
The tent mess in the house.

No comments:
Post a Comment