Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Friend Party

Courtney had her friend party that afternoon.  She wanted a Harry Potter party because he gets his letter to Hogwarts on his 11th birthday.  We had cupcakes, butter beer (made with cream soda)...

 made wands....

 were sorted into houses....

 and played Berty Botts Every Flavored Bean game (like bean boozled).

 EXCEPT....I couldn't find the bean boozled game so I bought some Jelly Bellys and made up a "Legend" telling what beans could be.  For example: black could be licorice or skunk flavored.  Actually, all of them were good flavored.  When it came time to introduce the game they were really excited to play.  It wasn't long before they started tasting horrible flavored beans.  In fact, they were tasting things that weren't even on the legend.  It was hilarious.  Ethan and I were having so much fun listening to them squeal and spit out the beans they claimed tasted so bad.

The kids went outside and played freeze tag.  I needed some time to clean up and get things ready to open gifts.  Then it was time for cupcakes and ice cream cones.  Courtney wanted red velvet cake so we did that for the cupcakes.

Traditionally people sing "Happy Birthday" VERY slowly.  Courtney had her friends sing it faster.


Courtney opened gifts and thanked everyone.  By this time we were out of activities so the party ended a bit early.

Courtney had a great birthday!!

No comments: