Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Family temple day

I forgot to put in an important part of Courtney's birthday...she went to the TEMPLE!  She was very excited to go for the first time but very nervous also.  When Courtney gets nervous she gets short tempered a bit and really shy.  We went in the mid morning and took family names I had been saving up for this occasion.  Since the temple recommends for youth are printed out now, our bishop couldn't give her a recommend until the morning of her birthday.  So he printed it out and left it on his front porch for her to grab.

The Temple wasn't too crowded when we got there but there was a bit of a wait.  Courtney took it all in and had me go first and then I was able to show her where to pick things up and where she needed to go.  Bryan did the baptisms for us and then he was baptised for some names.  We changed and did the confirmations.  It was a fun morning.

When we came out we saw a kid from our ward who had just gotten married.  I had forgotten it was that morning.  His younger brother took our picture for us.  Courtney was a trooper and can't wait to go again!


No comments: