It's time to get ready for school to start! Courtney needed a haircut and wanted to get some length cut off. Our friend, Lori, is great and cuts our hair. She lives around the corner so it's really convenient. She cut about 2 inches off Courtney's hair and then taught Courtney how to curl it. Courtney has tried to curl her hair since and burned her finger, so it's back to having me curl her hair every morning. But I'm fine with that!
Courtney got her school schedule and was very excited. She has almost all her classes with her best friend, so they are happy girls. She also got the teachers she wanted, including Honors Language Arts from Mrs. Robins who was Ethan's teacher in 7th grade. She is so excited to start 7th grade, although she will say she isn't.
We also went to the high school to pay fees and get Ethan's locker. I don't know why they give the lower lockers to the tallest kids, but oh well.
While Ethan was gone they sent out class schedules. His schedule needed some tweaking but I was nervous to do it without his input. So I did all the research and then when he got home he made the decisions on what he wanted to do. He is at Success Academy at DSU in the morning and then will take 2 classes at Snow Canyon on A day and 2 classes on B day. It will be challenging but he is looking forward to it. I was nervous that he would feel like he was missing out on high school stuff but he assured me that he would rather get 2 years of college done than go to assemblies and pep rallies.
No comments:
Post a Comment