Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Tabernacle Rededication

I was given 2 tickets to the St. George Tabernacle Rededication.  I made Courtney go took Courtney with me and it was a cool experience.  We got there early and were told that the seats were all taken so we would have to watch in the basement on a TV.  I noticed that the other ushers were sending people upstairs in the balcony, so we went to the other side and went up.  We got great seats.

Elder Holland and Elder Snow (from the Church History Department) both grew up in St. George and had fabulous stories to tell about going to Church in the Tabernacle.  Elder Davies had a sister who lived in St. George so he would come here in his teen years to visit.  He explained that the Church doesn't always have a rededication for buildings that are remodeled but that he had asked special permission to do so because the area and the building are so historic. 

The prayer was wonderful and the A/C worked so it wasn't hot!  I was fascinated to hear about all the remodeling that had taken place and what needed to be done to make it safe.  They worked to make sure it now looks as it did when it was built.


  Everyone else was taking pictures so I thought I would snap a few. ;)


No comments: