Thursday, April 23, 2020

Soccer

Courtney was having a really hard time with quarantine.  Ethan was going to his friend's house to hang out but Courtney was staying home.  For a social kid, that was really hard for her.  One day I couldn't stand it any longer so I texted her best friend's mom and asked: "Would you be okay if the girls social distanced together at the park and played soccer? They can kick to each other from 6 feet away."  She was thrilled to have that happen so Courtney and Sammie got together and played soccer.  Sammie's mom sent me a picture of them outside chatting.
 
I also called Courtney's old Galaxy coach asking if she would consider doing personal training for Courtney.  She was happy to and so Courtney started going to personal soccer training 2 times per week and then practicing with Sammie 2 times per week.  It is amazing what getting out and playing soccer will do for Courtney's mental health.  She was happier and able to deal with online Math and quarantine. ;)


No comments: