The University of Utah is doing a random study in southern Utah to find out how many people have been exposed to Covid and how at risk our area really is. We received a letter asking us to participate. They wanted blood tests taken to look for antibodies and then there was an option to do the nose swab to look for asymptomatic active cases. The test schedule didn’t fit into Ethan’s MTC schedule and someone had to stay home to be his companion so Bryan and I participated.
We filled out an online questionnaire and then took our letter to the testing place. They verified our info and had us pull around to a tent where they took our blood. I’m fine with blood tests but I was really nervous about the nose swab and wasn’t sure if I was going to do it. The blood test went quick with a lady taking Bryan’s sample while a man took mine.
We then pulled up to the next tent. Bryan told me he would go first and I could watch him and decide. Seriously! After watching him be swabbed (let me rephrase that, after watching the woman shove the swab into his brain and stir it around for a while before taking it back out) I decided I wasn’t having that done. She was not gentle at all. I felt so bad for him.
After Bryan dried his eyes, which started watering because of the swab, we drove to the last tent and got our gift cards. I honestly think they should have given Bryan more money for going through the swab but I’m not in charge.
We ended up with $40 for our time. They told us that Bryan would get a call if his test was positive and he didn’t get a call. He was kind of bummed because he wants to just get it over with and move on with life. We are waiting for our antibody results but those will be negative, I believe. I had the antibody test before and it was negative, so unless I got Covid between mid-June to mid-July and didn’t have symptoms, I don’t think the results will change.
No comments:
Post a Comment