Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Ethan's Christmas Tree

Once again this year I made a paper tree for Ethan.  Thanks to Facebook and our Pack family reunion, I was able to get pictures of family to put on the tree.  I had a hard time this year because I didn't have the same resources I did when I made the tree last year.  I was working at the middle school so I was able to pay for supplies there and use their die cuts.  The city library doesn't have the same resources.  But the woman at the city library was amazing.  I asked if I could buy 6 feet of green butcher paper from them and she told me they don't sell it to the public.  She gave me ideas of where I could go to buy some and then asked why I needed it.  I told her I was making a Christmas tree for my missionary son and she said "Oh, I'll just give you what you need."  So I got paper!

I had to improvise on the lights too.  Last year there was a die-cut of Christmas lights but this year I had to use a teardrop and then a square to make the same shape.  It worked and I think it turned out really cute!

I will send it at the end of the month with his Christmas pillowcase so he can decorate for Christmas in his apartment.

No comments: