Friday, December 24, 2021

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was kind of hilarious.  We had the drywall crew in the basement for half the day.  They had their music up full blast and were singing along.  We were dying! It was the best entertainment, especially when Courtney started karaoke along with the songs.



Our tradition is to have Pizza Hut pizza for dinner on a blanket in front of the tree.



Then we play the chimes, which actually went ok this year. We got one song good and that's all you can ask of us.


Courtney read "Queen of Christmas" which is her favorite Christmas book.

I read "Davey's First Christmas" and then Bryan recited "The Cremation of Sam McGee".  We tried to be scary with the light on his face but it wasn't dark enough outside to make it really work.

Courtney got to open her Christmas pjs from "Christmas Eve" (that's what I would always write on the tag so I could remember which were the pjs so they could open them on Christmas Eve.). 

She was actually surprised that I got good pjs for her.  She doesn't trust my clothes buying skills sometimes.

We watched a movie and hung out until it was time to go to bed.  Courtney is hoping that Santa comes!!

No comments: