Courtney and I made gingerbread houses! We bought the kits because they had candy, but the frosting was horrible! We glue gunned the house together (we didn't want to wait for the frosting to set up) and then we began decorating. The problem was that the frosting was really runny and lumpy. It didn't matter how much we kneaded it, it still had lumps that would clog the tips and then squirt out in the heap. It was so annoying!
It didn't take too long for Courtney to get frustrated and quit decorating. I tried to finish mine but they didn't look very good. Next year we are going to have to do it properly and make our own stuff. I saw a tutorial on how to make "sugar glue" to glue the house together. I think we will try that next time and I'll make the frosting from scratch.
No comments:
Post a Comment