I had ordered mirrors from Jones Paint & Glass. I called this morning and they were in so we made plans to go get them from the store.
First, we grouted the backsplash tile and installed the ledge that the glass would sit in.
Then we went to pick up the mirrors. We took back a pair of mirrors I had purchased from Lowe's that ended up being too short. Then the man at JP&G loaded the big mirrors in the van.
That afternoon, we installed them. It was nerve racking because they were so large and all that was holding them up was max strength Gorilla Glue but it seemed to work. The youtube video I watched said to hold it up for 24 hours with painters tape. When we went to install the second mirror, Bryan had Courtney stay and watch the first one to make sure it wouldn't fall. It stressed her out but nothing happened.
Then we began the installation of the wood planking floor. It was interlocking planks of laminate wood that fit together and install tightly. It took a bit to figure out but Bryan got the hang of it pretty quickly. I would get him the plank, move the knee mats we were using because the concrete is hard, make sure he had the mallot, and help things go smoothly. Bryan put the pieces together and hammered them. We cut them (except for the corners that were tricky) with an xacto knife and then snapped really easily. It was a smooth process but was slow going.
Courtney was happy to have floors instead of concrete.
Hoepfully we can get it finished soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment