Thursday, April 17, 2008

Must be growing!

I think Ethan is having a growth spurt. That's all I can think of to explain all the EATING he has been doing lately. On Conference Sunday, we went to my parent's house to watch the afternoon session. After we had been there a couple of hours, my Dad said, "Doesn't he ever stop eating?" It was then that I realized that we were going through a lot of bread and Ethan started to complain about pains in his legs, which I think are growing pains.

Ethan just doesn't seem to fill up! Tonight is a great example. Bryan had a meeting that I forgot about so dinner was going to be finished later than he would need it. So it became "every man for himself" for dinner. About 30 minutes before Bryan got home Ethan had started crying that he was starving! So he ate 2 granola bars and 2 string cheeses along with a bunch of water. I thought his dinner was ruined. Then for dinner, Ethan had 6 dino chicken nuggets (which are huge) with BBQ sauce, a bunch of fresh peas from the garden (unfortnately, not our garden but the neighbor's, my pea plants are still really small because I planted them too late in the season), a package of cooked Ramen noodles, 2 peanut butter and jam sandwiches (the second one was on a hotdog bun because he has eaten all our bread) and he washed it all down with a 16 oz bottle of water. And he just came back in the kitchen wondering if we have any more food to eat. AHHH! He isn't even a teenager!

No comments: