Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"Does this have any peas in it?"

Okay, I have a confession to make. Yesterday I made split pea soup for dinner which everyone in the family loves, including Ethan. The last time I made it, he ate 2 bowls during dinner and wanted more. So I know that he likes split pea soup.

When Ethan asked what was for dinner yesterday, I told him it was split pea soup and he was fine with it. But when a bowl of green mush with redish floaties (ham pieces) in it was sitting in front of him, he wasn't too sure. He turned to me and asked, "Does this have any peas in it?" The quick thinker that I am said, "Nope." And he promptly ate up his bowl of soup saying that it was the best and he just loved it. I guess what you don't know won't hurt you! Although I did feel a little guilty afterward ;)

1 comment:

Ben and Kimberly McEvoy said...

I would have answered the same way.

I like split pea soup too.
that is a good idea for dinner.

Kim