Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's July!

For those of you who were wondering, it is now officially July. Why do I say this? Because it isn't July until our air conditioner goes out. Yes, each July when it's 106 degrees outside, our AC will go on the blink and stop working. We have been in our house for 4 Julys and it has gone out each year.

Last Saturday, when Bryan returned home from the high adventure trip, he noticed that the house wasn't cooling off. So we checked and it wasn't working. We called an emergency service who told us the compressor was broken and was expensive to fix. But he told us that it was probably on warranty and to call the company who put it in. We called our builder who told us that he would contact the owner of the company who put it in...for the fourth year in a row in the month of July.

We loaded the kids up, some clothes and went to my parent's house in Washington for the night. We went back to our house to get ready for Church on Sunday and then spent the rest of the day in Washington at my parent's house. (The kids are LOVING this, by the way.) Monday morning they finally looked at the unit and concluded that it was, indeed, a broken compressor and that they would run to Las Vegas to get us a new one since it was under warranty.

Now, this is the MOST INCONVENIENT July for the AC to go out because I leave on Wednesday for Girl's Camp. My house is a wreck with piles of camp stuff everywhere and I have a ton to get done that I have been trying to do by cell phone. But it hasn't been stress-free.

Anyway, we spent Saturday through Tuesday at my parents house, hanging out in the AC and waiting for it to be fixed. They are supposed to be putting it in this morning so we are waiting to hear from them.

But apparently it is not an official July until our AC is out. I do have a much greater respect for the pioneers who settled this area without AC. I firmly believe we are all born at certain times in the history of the world because we can handle the situations at that time. I think I would have jumped back on my wagon and gone back to Salt Lake after the first summer in St. George .;)

No comments: