Thursday, July 9, 2009

Withdrawals

Ethan has an addiction...Calvin and Hobbes. Yes, he can't go ANYWHERE without a Calvin and Hobbes book in his hand. He reads them over and over and has many of them memorized. Now, I didn't really understand the humor behind the comic before I had a little boy, but now they are pretty funny. The only problem with Ethan reading them is that now he WANTS to BE Calvin and he's doing his best to achieve his goal! Yes, we have a little boy who will look at a camera, smile and then make a face the minute the shutter goes off. We have a little boy who wishes it would snow so he could make a field of snowmen in various states of death. And...well you get the idea. Yes, we have Calvin overload in our house.

So Bryan hid two of the books hoping that Ethan will forget about them, but he hasn't. Ethan still has one book left (we are slowing getting him off them) so he's been holding onto that one for dear life all day wondering where the others went. Maybe when we can get a decent photo of him (without a tongue sticking out) I'll give them back. ;)

2 comments:

Andrea and Jeff said...

Good luck with your little "Calvin". I still like to read them and find them as funny, if not funnier now than I did then. I love Calvin and Hobbes.

Christy said...

Good luck with your addict. If you come up with some miracle solution pass it along. I could always use one.