I'm the room mom for Ethan's class so I spent the last few weeks organizing his Valentine's party. I didn't want to do the same thing that we have done for the past two years so I called some moms to help out and give ideas. We came up with having 4 stations that they would rotate around. Ethan helped me choose a craft (an airplane made from a piece of gum, two mints and a smartie) which was really cute. Then we had two stations where moms brought games, one craft station and another station where a mom read stories to the kids. We rotated every 10 minutes and it worked out great! Then I had made some cookies for the kids that we gave them and a treat box I put together. It went smoothly and was lots of fun. The kids especially liked the craft!
Ethan was great to take Courtney with him to all his stations and when we were finished and I was packing up to leave, Ethan asked if he could keep Courtney with him at school. "I can easily handle taking care of a 4 year old, Mom!" But, alas, she couldn't stay. But she'll have her own party next year!
1 comment:
I'm glad Ethan got to have his party. School has been cancelled all week here because of the stinking snow. It sounds like a good idea to rotate stations. Way to change it up.
Post a Comment