Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It Just Got To Me!

Our pantry has been getting more and more messy for the past month and it finally got to me this morning. We had the central vac guy here installing it and he was lying on our kitchen floor next to the pantry door and I just had to cringe. It was such a mess. So when he left I loaded Courtney into the van and we drove to Target to get some organizing stuff I had researched on the internet (I had to do something while the guy was installing the vacuum).

I bought a bunch of containers for flours, legumes, cereal, etc. and some baskets to get things together more. And then I took about 45 minutes cleaning and organizing it all. I need to make another trip to exchange some containers that ended up being too big and get some smaller ones, but for the most part it's all finished. I am actually really surprised by how much more space we have. I am sure that getting rid of boxes and putting things into containers that stack nicely helped a lot, but I feel so accomplished now.

Here is the before:



Here's after:

2 comments:

Brett and Megan said...

I love it, I just re-organized ours the other day because I couldn't find anything, but yours looks much nicer than mine! :)

Sandy said...

Nice!