Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is it worth it?!

After spending 2 1/2 hours peeling peaches and only getting 7 quarts of pie filling I wondered "is it worth it?" I have to say that "YES IT IS!!" because I can look at those bottles and say that I did something today. And it is something that I consider a dying art because not as many women take the time to bottle anymore, even know how to bottle, or even care if they know how to bottle. Maybe it's pride, but I appreciate the fact that my mom made me stand for HOURS in a hot kitchen putting fruit into bottles each summer so we could have fresh fruit and vegetables in the winter.

Just the fact that Courtney has memories of me complaining as I peeled a ton of peaches and heated up the kitchen is worth it for me. I have those same memories of my mom.) Plus, peaches taste so much better in December!

1 comment:

Riss said...

You are awfully ambitious...