Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Ding Dong

Ethan came home from his flag football game last week and excitedly told me that his friend had "smashed his ding dong at the game." I, being shocked at my son using language such as that, promptly reprimanded him and told him that I wasn't interested in hearing about it. He said, "No, really Mom, he smashed his ding dong!" I couldn't believe my son.

The next day my mom asked, "So did Ethan tell you how that kid smashed his ding dong?" I stared at my mom, what had this world come to?!?! I asked her, "What?" She calmly explained to me that the TREAT after the game was ding dong and a kid sat his treat on the ground and then fell on it while wrestling with Ethan. I felt so much better about my sons language after that. And Ethan still doesn't get why I told him not to say "ding dong" again. ;)

2 comments:

Christy said...

ha....ha....ha....ha..... love it!

Sandy said...

HAHAHAHA!!