Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Halloween Parade and Parties

What a crazy party day!!

At 9:15 the Halloween Parade began with Courtney's class in the lead...and Courtney at the front of the line! She was so excited. They then went through the next classroom to pick up those students and then to the next room and so on. They ended up outside and did a loop before going back to their classroom for the party.

I am one of Courtney's roommoms so I got to help plan the party. There was a mummy roll game, cookie decorating, memory game and a necklace craft. The kids had a great time and all the kids had a great time. Friday is an early day so they get out at 10:40. We didn't have too long for the party after the parade finished, but the kids didn't mind.

After Courtney's party, they were out for the day so I took Courtney with me to help set up for Ethan's party. I was just helping on this one so it was a lot less work. I was in charge of the craft station where they were making spiders from pompoms and yarn. It was pretty easy but took a long time for them to put the googly eyes on.

There was a "gross out" station where they had to put their hands in vats of cooked spaghetti noodles with spiders in them. This made Ethan dry heave but he kept trying to catch spiders. They did a mummy wrap game and ate chocolate rats (which also made Ethan dry heave). Then they went back to the classroom and decorated cookies until lunch.

All the kids, at both parties, had a great time.

No comments: