Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Piano Recital

Ethan had his Fall Piano Recital at the St. George Tabernacle. It was pretty cool. He got to play on a really nice grand piano that they keep in very good tune. But he was REALLY nervous, more nervous than he was for the evaluations. Go figure!

When we got there, his teacher was having the students go up and play a bit on the piano to get used to it, but Ethan didn't want to do that and just cuddled to my side. His teacher began by handing out the certificates for the evaluations and then she began with the first student.

Ethan and his certificate:


They all did a great job but as it got closer to Ethan's turn he burrowed into my side a bit farther. and was getting really nervous. When it was his turn he got up there, announced his piece then sat down to play.

Playing:


He did a great job! He made a few mistakes but kept going through them and I was so happy for him. Only when he sat down did he say, "Mom, I was really nervous. I think I played my piece an octave too high." Yup he did, but it sounded great anyway and no one but us and his teacher knew the difference.

Great job kiddo!

Here he is with his candy bar (from his teacher) and his certificate:


Bryan got part of it on video so here it is:

No comments: